Here at Life Spark CBD our focus is providing you with superior CBD products so you can achieve optimal health, and that is enhanced if as a company, we are also doing our bit to take care of the planet.
While everyone’s focus has been on the pandemic for the past few years, the environment and climate change have also been in the headlines and looking after our planet continues to be at the forefront of everyone’s minds.
News stories of extreme heat, flooding and storms around the world are becoming more and more common, making it more important than ever for us all to do what we can to keep our planet happy.
At Life Spark CBD, our founding principle was to build the business, sustainably, through and through, from day one, so our sterling green credentials are another reason to choose us for your CBD products.
Making our business eco-friendly from day one
Life Spark CBD wanted to go beyond just the typical first step that businesses take of turning to sustainable, eco-friendly actions like LED lighting or changing energy providers. They wanted every aspect of the business, from how the Hemp is grown to the details of the packaging to reflect the company’s ideals of promoting the health of people while caring deeply for the planet.
As a result, Life Spark CBD operates from a zero-carbon office which means it makes as much energy as it uses! Powered by solar panels, hot water and heat using a biomass boiler, keeping the warm air in with natural insulation and triple glazing and harvesting the rainwater for the loos and outdoor taps, and much more.
Dare we say, even the toilet paper, tissues and kitchen towels are made from bamboo from ‘Who Gives a Crap’. We believe in using sustainable materials, reducing waste, especially plastic, and reusing plastic whenever possible.
However, it wasn’t enough for us to have a zero carbon office, we wanted to build that sustainable and eco-friendly approach to be at the very core of our business as well so have applied it throughout the company.
Ensuring our products are green
We follow the same green principles when it comes to all Life Spark CBD products.
- All Life Spark CBD products are non-GMO and organically farmed under the strict growing standards of the USA. We make sure they are free of harmful metals and toxic chemicals.
- The hemp plant itself is derived from a cross-bred cannabis strain, which is a full, round shrub that boasts of 18% CBD versus 2-3% in traditional industrial hemp.
- We employ high quality Super Critical CO2 extraction, closed and cold processes, which produce pure and clean CBD with a broad spectrum of cannabinoids, 0.0% THC, and preserve a rarely found high terpene content. We guarantee our CBD is free from any nasty chemicals. This extraction method avoids all organic solvents (VOCs) which can pose environmental concerns for both the atmosphere and the land.
- Life Spark’s Organic MCT carrier oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides from Coconuts) is grown cruelty free and sustainably sourced. It is of the highest quality consisting only of C8 and C10, not C6 nor C12.
- Zero THC, Broad Spectrum CBD – natural and pure as evidenced by the rich terpene profile offering even further health benefits.
- Life Spark CBD’s Supply Partner is the leader of CBD standardization in the US. Starting with such high-quality CBD from an industry leader smoothed the way for Life Spark CBD to qualify for the FSA’s Public List for validated EU Novel Foods
Using nature-friendly shipping materials
When it comes to packing up and shipping out our eco-friendly products we only ever use environmentally friendly packaging and green shipping materials, making sure everything is plastic-free as far as possible.
- Life Spark Soft Gels and Body Salve are offered in recyclable aluminum containers as an alternative to plastic bottles and lids.
- Shipping Materials – All plastic free!
- Corrugated cardboard is used in place of plastic bubble wrap or bags.
- Jiffy Green recycled paper envelopes replace bubble wrap envelopes
- Paper tape is used in place of plastic tape
Progress, not perfection
One thing we have learned is that there is no clean, green path as a business and it is an ever evolving industry. Unfortunately trying to make our Life Spark CBD product labelling as green as possible is still a work in progress.
After extensive research and considering various options, making every effort to source eco labels, the discovery was that no such viable alternatives yet existed. One of the labelling options was a bioplastic which degrades in 6 months. This was little use because Life Spark CBD has a 1 ½ year shelf life.
Paper, the preferred choice, was similarly unacceptable, being particularly absorbent should there be any oil spillage. The label trials continued for more than 12 days and eventually vinyl labels, were the only option but we continue to look for alternatives. We welcome any suggestions!
Life Spark CBD will continue to set high environmental and sustainable practice standards at all levels of its business and continue to learn and develop as practices and products follow suit.
Why it’s important for all businesses to boost their green credentials
We believe it’s vital for our future that businesses such as Life Spark CBD, choose to implement sustainable and environmentally friendly business practices from the get-go wherever possible.
We think we are ahead of the curve and are committed to remain so as the health of the planet becomes a pre-requisite in any business plan. Over the past few years, public concern for environmental issues and the climate crisis has become a motivator for businesses to step up and make changes to the impact they have on the planet.
Research shows there is a burgeoning momentum towards eco-credentials and is now an important factor in consumer choice. Customers are more concerned than ever about the health of the planet and the environment around them, as it impacts heavily on their own health and wellbeing.
As a company that is striving to support our customers to live their best life and achieve optimum wellbeing, it just makes sense for us to combine that with making our business as green and eco-friendly as possible.
There are ways to boost existing company’s green credentials, including making changes in a business like using different packaging, but the quickest and simplest way is to partner with eco-suppliers, such as Life Spark CBD, instantly giving your company much valued green credentials.
Taking small steps to become more energy efficient will be rewarded in cost savings and good will from customers and all green efforts, no matter how small, have the potential to make a real difference.
Everyone can join in the greening of their lives
“I’m not,” explains Amy, “any novice to the eco world. I first donned my eco warrior hat when draft-busting a traditional home to make it more energy efficient. Then, I took on the exciting and challenging project of building a biologically healthy and Zero Carbon home.” And it all started with the first step. Its easier than we often imagine.
Here are some ways to green up your life:
- Replace light bulbs with LEDs
- Recycle more
- Cut out plastic when you can
- Minimise food waste and compost leftovers
- Save water…take shorter showers
- Use eco-friendly products
- Grow a garden of vegetables and herbs
- Switch off electricity when you don’t need it.
- Buy recycled clothing
- Use alternate modes of transport instead of your car
- Contribute to carbon offset schemes when you travel by air
- Reduce your consumption of meat.
- Buy Life Spark CBD!
The journey starts with a single step. And if we do this together, we’ll build momentum and make a true difference.
So, how does Life Spark CBD care for you and the planet? By offering Superior Life Spark CBD = Premium Grade CBD, Zero THC, Broad Spectrum, Organically Grown and Great Tasting CBD.